Monday, September 5, 2011

Flying to Lebanon Today!

I’m leaving for Lebanon this afternoon!

While I am sad to leave my friends, my family, and my love behind, the excitement I am feeling makes me want to tell you about what I am looking forward to the most about my trip.

1) The food (yes, my dad should be first but the absolute, hands down, no questions asked best part of Lebanon is the delicious food. Anthony Bourdain says Lebanese food is his favorite)

2) Spending time with my dad and family (even though my dad and I are both as stubborn as mules and fight like cats and dogs, I still love the guy and it will be nice to see him)

3) Hitting the beach (while I’ll still be working and studying, my plan is to relax and run on the beach at least four days a week. It'll be warm and sunny the entire time I am there!!!!!!)

4) Traveling around the country (which includes but is not limited to: exploring the 10,000 year old city of Baalbeck, boating through some of the most beautiful caves in the world, and rock climbing some 15,000 feet up where the Cedars of Lebanon grow)

5) Indulging in trashy magazines during the 12 hour plane ride (I have no shame, I love celebrity gossip, stupid tips about sex, being told what $4,000 pair of Michael Kors to buy, and reading those somewhat inspiring stories about women)

6) Blogging (This is a first for me. So many people ask me about Lebanon, what it’s like there and why I love it so much. For the first time I get to help you experience Lebanon as I do)

I am really looking forward to my trip. I’m flying out of Boston today, stopping in Paris and at 2:00 PM tomorrow afternoon, I’ll be in Beirut, Lebanon.

Wish me luck! I’ll let you know when I get there.

Thanks for reading.

Farah

1 comment:

  1. Great :) have fun, I ll read your blog cousin. Xxx

    ReplyDelete